You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie Won't Download

So I recently wanted to get imovie for my mac so I went into the App Store to download imovie, but it won't download. When I tree to download imovie, there would be the usual circle that spins to show that it's loading? But it doesn't stop, it just keeps spinning, it doesn't seem to be downloading anything, nothing. So I tried stoping it, then quit the App Store then restart my Mac. When I try to download imovie again, it started to download, and there's the progress circle thing. When I go into my Launchpad, it always stop downloading at around 500 MB. It just stops downloading, disappears, then I need to go back to the App Store and yet again, it keeps on happening. So I need help with this. I'm using MacOS Mojave version 10.14.5. I thought I needed an update but it says I'm up to date. I did try to install Sierria but it says it's not available or something.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 4:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 6:26 PM

Hi,

First, make sure that you have sufficient free space for iMovie to download and for you Mac to operate efficiently. 20GB should be enough. Then check your applications folder to see if iMovie did in fact download.

If the above is not the problem, try booting up in Safe Mode (see Finder Help Menu for instructions) and, after everything loads, immediately shut down your Mac and restart your computer. Now see if you can download iMovie.

If still no luck, contact Apple Support (click on the tab at the top right hand corner of the page on this forum).

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2019 6:26 PM in response to BurningPillow

Hi,

First, make sure that you have sufficient free space for iMovie to download and for you Mac to operate efficiently. 20GB should be enough. Then check your applications folder to see if iMovie did in fact download.

If the above is not the problem, try booting up in Safe Mode (see Finder Help Menu for instructions) and, after everything loads, immediately shut down your Mac and restart your computer. Now see if you can download iMovie.

If still no luck, contact Apple Support (click on the tab at the top right hand corner of the page on this forum).

-- Rich

Imovie Won't Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.