You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot upload pictures to a website from my 15" Mojave MBP, but I can from my iPad—so it is not the images

I have all the latest updates to all softwares. I have tried from every browser: Safari, Chrome Opera, Firefox, even Tor. I have cleared caches and cookies. I have saved the images in PhotoShop .jpg and .png formats. I have removed metadata.

Affected websites include, but are not limited to: iContact, work website, LinkedIn…I select the image, position it and hit import/Apply…nothing happens. No error message, just nothing happens.

Does anyone know why this happens? It is so frustrating.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 7:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 11:20 AM

It was a startup item running on both machines. Thank you ever so much—now I just need to remember to quite this app (Butler: https://manytricks.com/butler/) before uploading images. This just started a few months ago and has been driving me mad with frustration.

Again, many thanks!

4 replies

Jul 22, 2019 9:12 AM in response to Terre Spencer

Greetings Terre Spencer,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to upload photos to different websites with your MacBook Pro.

To help isolate this behavior, I suggest testing the issue while your Mac is started in safe mode. Additionally, testing with a new user account can help to see if this is a system-wide issue. You can see those steps from the following support articles: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support & How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.

I cannot upload pictures to a website from my 15" Mojave MBP, but I can from my iPad—so it is not the images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.