You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple News Plus Ipad

I am not able to view Apple News Plus on my Ipad? I did notice I don't have the latest update?

And it is not showing an alert to do so?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 8:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 8:43 PM

If you want Apple News, you need at least iOS 10. If you want Apple News+ you need iOS 12.2 or higher. If your iPad is stuck at iOS 10, you must have a 4th generation iPad, which cannot be updated further than iOS 10.3.3, so Apple News+ will never be an available option on that device. Apple News could be an option if you are in a country where Apple News is Supported.

It is available in the following countries:

United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom. 

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2019 8:43 PM in response to mzpamelaT

If you want Apple News, you need at least iOS 10. If you want Apple News+ you need iOS 12.2 or higher. If your iPad is stuck at iOS 10, you must have a 4th generation iPad, which cannot be updated further than iOS 10.3.3, so Apple News+ will never be an available option on that device. Apple News could be an option if you are in a country where Apple News is Supported.

It is available in the following countries:

United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom. 

Jul 22, 2019 7:41 PM in response to mzpamelaT

For a device which is eligible for News+ and you are located in a country where it is available, it is a paid subscription, which costs $9.99/month.

This is how you go about getting it if it is applicable to you.

1. Open up the Apple News App.
  2. Tap on the “News+” tab at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Tap on “Get Started.”
  4. Choose “Try It Free” to initiate a trial subscription. You’ll be charged $9.99 per month when the 30-day trial period ends.
  5. Confirm your payment with Face ID or Touch ID.

Apple News Plus Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.