You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi greyed out randomly

Wifi greyed out while I was watching Youtube and all suggestions online dont fix it? Running ios 12.4

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 7:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 7:57 AM

Hello,

Ouch! That’s quite a bit to keep an iPad Air 2 going. You may be better off purchasing an iPad from Apple’s refurbished store. I don’t know what the prices are where you are, I’m looking at the US refurbished store and prices are starting at $230. It would allow you to save some money and get an upgrade.

Apple Refurbished

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2019 7:57 AM in response to ADunne11

Hello,

Ouch! That’s quite a bit to keep an iPad Air 2 going. You may be better off purchasing an iPad from Apple’s refurbished store. I don’t know what the prices are where you are, I’m looking at the US refurbished store and prices are starting at $230. It would allow you to save some money and get an upgrade.

Apple Refurbished

Jul 23, 2019 8:05 AM in response to ADunne11

Hello,

It is rather unfortunate that networking no longer works. If you went with the refurbished route you could retain your iPad Air 2 for watching downloaded movies while having another iPad for your main iPad. You could also go the route of plugging in a physical ethernet connection into your iPad. If you use Apple’s Lightning to USB 3.0 adapter along with a USB ethernet adapter your iPad can be hard lined to the internet. If you really wanted to you could run a physical network line to where ever you primarily use your iPad. It could be more cost effective then purchasing new hardware.

Wifi greyed out randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.