You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get MP3 songs from my itunes on my macbook to play on itunes (music) on my iphone

Hello. I have downloaded some songs that are in MP3 format into my iTunes on my macbook.. but when I go into my music app on my iphone they are not there... They play and show up fine on my macbook, but I need them on my iPhone also. Can anyone help me on how to fix this? Thank you! :)

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 2:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 2:55 PM

If you do not have an Apple Music subscription, then you have to sync the tracks the traditional way. Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

If you do have an Apple Music subscription, then you can upload the tracks to the cloud, and then they will be available on all your devices. Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2019 2:55 PM in response to sammers50

If you do not have an Apple Music subscription, then you have to sync the tracks the traditional way. Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

If you do have an Apple Music subscription, then you can upload the tracks to the cloud, and then they will be available on all your devices. Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

Jul 24, 2019 4:41 PM in response to sammers50

One additional question.. I signed up for Apple Music and it downloaded my songs to my iphone music app... but now I open up the app that I make my videos thru which will only has the choice of iTunes... and when I go in into iTunes from this app the songs I downloaded are grayed out.. when I click on them it says "Download from iCloud" . It also says "the selected song is in iCloud or not purchased... Please download the song to your device".

Can you advise on how to do this? Thank you!

Cannot get MP3 songs from my itunes on my macbook to play on itunes (music) on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.