You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't load either recovery modes on messed up Mac

So I wanted to downgrade the Mac to its original operating system which was OS X Mountain lion and I went into recovery mode and formatted the drive. The only OS I could install was macOS Mojave so I decided to restart in internet recovery mode but it wouldn't let me so I tried to go back to the normal recovery mode but now neither of them work. I need help!

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 5:23 PM

7 replies

Jul 24, 2019 5:31 PM in response to LandroidTheGamer

You can downgrade with your original DVD. You can also download the OS software on https://support.apple.com/en_US/downloads/mountain-lion . It's not clear why you wanted to revert to the original OS if you were already running Mojave. You could do a clean install of Mojave as an alternative, and generally would benefit from more compact code and a faster running mini. You would have to either download Mountain Lion to another computer, or create a boot disk to get the original running.

Can't load either recovery modes on messed up Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.