You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing cursor in Pages

I have Pages 8.1. When I'm typing a document, suddenly, the cursor will disappear and I have to click to get the cursor back. This happens over and over and is extremely frustrating. Anyone know what the problem is?

MacBook

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 6:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 1:48 PM

I have a MacBook Air, and I find that if I am not careful with the trackpad, the mouse pointer will simply wander off of an application, be that Pages or other. That is why I use the aforementioned mouse with the laptop.

You might consider toning down your trackpad tracking speed. I have also deselected Swipe between pages. And long sleeve shirts where the cuff drags across the trackpad are infuriating.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2019 1:48 PM in response to HarryTolland

I have a MacBook Air, and I find that if I am not careful with the trackpad, the mouse pointer will simply wander off of an application, be that Pages or other. That is why I use the aforementioned mouse with the laptop.

You might consider toning down your trackpad tracking speed. I have also deselected Swipe between pages. And long sleeve shirts where the cuff drags across the trackpad are infuriating.

Jul 25, 2019 12:22 PM in response to HarryTolland

In my own experience with Pages v8.1 on macOS 10.14.6 and using an Apple Magic Mouse II, the insertion beam remains visible as long as I am typing content, and have not stopped and inadvertently bumped the mouse or keyboard focus from Pages.

When you insert any document object, the current focus shifts to this new foreground object, and the insertion beam vanishes from your text. As soon as you click back on the document, and the inserted object is relegated to the background, then the insertion beam returns where it was last visible.

If you are using a Wacom input device, there is a long storied history of insertion beam aberrations when using just about any version of Pages.

Disappearing cursor in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.