You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch not synching steps with Health App correctly

I have a new Apple Watch and want to count my steps. It has been doing fine for the first week. Today, however, my amount of Steps on the watch is 3043. But the amount on the health app on iPhone 8 is 2867. I waited awhile to see it updates but it doesn’t. It shows up on the watch face correctly and in the Health App/data sources and Access/Apple Watch of my iPhone. It doesn’t sync in the app under favorites/steps (shows 2867) which is misleading.

i have had knee issues and am now allowed by the Doctor to build up my steps. I want it to be accurate so I can show my Dr at next months’ appt. will this eventually sync? The data is 2 hours old and I am on the new day now which is racking up steps!

can anyone tell me why this is? This hasn’t occurred before!

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 11:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2019 11:26 PM

Are your watch and phone both updated to the most recent operating systems?

Try a hard reset for both devices.

Watch - press and hold the digital crown & the side button simultaneously until the watch goes dark and the Apple logo appears.

iPhone 8 - quickly press & release the volume up button, then the volume down button and finally press & hold the Off button until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo appears.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.5; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.3.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.3;  HomePods, audioOS 12.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.5; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.3.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.3;  HomePods, audioOS 12.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2019 11:26 PM in response to JWL33777

Are your watch and phone both updated to the most recent operating systems?

Try a hard reset for both devices.

Watch - press and hold the digital crown & the side button simultaneously until the watch goes dark and the Apple logo appears.

iPhone 8 - quickly press & release the volume up button, then the volume down button and finally press & hold the Off button until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo appears.

Apple Watch not synching steps with Health App correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.