You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory full, issue with voice memos

Hello. My iphone memory is full. I keep deleting files and instead of freeing space, the space is less and less. I think there is an issue with voice memos: it told me I had about 22 gigabytes voice memos so I deleted some and then deleted them from recently deleted files. Now I have 23.6 gigabites... It is as if they were piling up somewhere... How is it possible? What can I do to actually delete them? Thank you...

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 12:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 8:04 AM

Hopefully the mailman can deliver you an adapter! Iphone and Mac are made to work hand in hand.

its the reason Im keeping my mid-2012 mbp going. Sockets galore.

You would think a $1000 mac would include adapters.

4 replies

Jul 27, 2019 7:57 AM in response to LD150

Thank you. When I go to storage it doesn't mention Recently deleted folders... probably because I deleted those too?

I don't want to delete all the files, just to make some space. Since I need the voice memos I am sending tem to my macbook one by one via airdrop and deleting them... and the iphone's memory augments!

I have the same issue with my photos... They keep eating space. I delete them and the gigabytes augment... They don't even stay where they are. I have 1.2 gigabyte less memory since this morning and I just deleted files...

I would gladly back up my iphone on itunes but since the new mackbook pro requires an adapter (thank you apple) to plug in my iphone which isn't working anymore and I am miles away from civilization I cannot do it...

I am a bit lost

Memory full, issue with voice memos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.