You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Walkie Talkie not accepting or sending invites

My wife and I both have Apple Watch 5 running to current OS. The walkie talkie worked when we first set it up. Now it does not. We have deleted and tried to resend invites. My watch reports that it is ‘inviting’. My wife’s reports that I cannot receive invites. We have rebooted everything.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 8:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 11:14 AM

My wife and I BOTH updated our iPhone's to 12.4, then updated our Apple Watches to 5.3

As soon as that was done, we were successfully able to Walkie-Talkie again.

We did not need to do anything else. We could Walkie-Talkie before Apple disabled the server, and as soon as we both did the necessary updates, we were able to Walkie-Talkie again without any special changes.

Make sure both your iPhones are signed into FaceTime. Test this by making a FaceTime connection between the 2 of you.

It helps if your iPhone Contacts each other lists your iPhone number as "iPhone" and not "Mobile" or "Home", or other. But the tag "iPhone".

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2019 11:14 AM in response to your272

My wife and I BOTH updated our iPhone's to 12.4, then updated our Apple Watches to 5.3

As soon as that was done, we were successfully able to Walkie-Talkie again.

We did not need to do anything else. We could Walkie-Talkie before Apple disabled the server, and as soon as we both did the necessary updates, we were able to Walkie-Talkie again without any special changes.

Make sure both your iPhones are signed into FaceTime. Test this by making a FaceTime connection between the 2 of you.

It helps if your iPhone Contacts each other lists your iPhone number as "iPhone" and not "Mobile" or "Home", or other. But the tag "iPhone".

Apple Watch Walkie Talkie not accepting or sending invites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.