You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod not communicating with Home app

I have two HomePods -- one in the Living Room and one in the Bedroom. They remember alarms and timers when spoken to, but will not show the alarms in the Home app or react to alarms set in the Home app.

Example, I tell my Bedroom HomePod, "Hey Siri, set an alarm for 7am" to wake me up. She says, "OK, your 7am alarm is set." At 7am the alarm will go off. Nothing shows in the Home app whatsoever. This is frustrating, because if I happen to wake up before the 7am alarm and want to turn it off without speaking to Siri on the HomePod so as not to disturb my partner's sleep, I cannot turn it off silently. I have to speak to Siri, "Hey Siri, turn off the 7am alarm." Defeats the purpose.

How can I get my HomePod to communicate properly with the Home app?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 1:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 5:07 PM

Try using the Press top of HomePod to reset it method from Reset HomePod - Apple Support rather than removing from the Home app.

tt2

Similar questions

6 replies

Jul 28, 2019 3:11 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks. I should have mentioned, I've actually done that twice. It was a power cycle that actually started the issue (a power outage). I then reset my total Home in HomeKit (taking everything out and setting up a new home, resetting the HomePods in process), and when that didn't work I did it again. I've kept it since that second reset simply out of frustration.

Jul 28, 2019 9:35 PM in response to Daniel Ross-Jones

In the home app in HomePod settings, do you see Alarms (bottom left corner)? If you do, you can try manually setting the alarm in that, so it will be there to turn off. I do both, manually or with Siri, they all show up in the home app, either way.

If this is mot functioning for you, then perhaps reset it, but first check if it needs a software update, it should be on 12.4 now.

try commands like “hey Siri set a 7 am alarm for weekdays” or whichever days you want, don't confuse Siri with extra words “to wake me up”. Then confirm it heard you by saying hey Siri do I have any alarms? Her response should be “you have a 7 am alarm set for weekdays and currently on”

Jul 29, 2019 1:41 PM in response to Vancouver22

As I mentioned, the issue is not telling HomePod to set an alarm or turn it off. The issue is that the alarms spoken to Siri on HomePod do not transfer to the alarms in the Home app and vice versa. I can create all the alarms in the Home app I want and HomePod will not go off at the given time. Likewise, giving HomePod alarms through speaking to Siri never make it into the Home app to manipulate.

HomePod not communicating with Home app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.