You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've received a message saying that my Apple ID was used on a device that is not mine

I've received a message to say that my apple id was used to sign into imessage on a device that is most definitely not mine! I've changed my password and added the two step authentication. Is there anything else I can do? Thank you x

After posting this I noticed that it was posted in the time zone of the 'hacker' (PDT time zone)…… help!!

I actually posted this Aug 1, 2019 22.45PM

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 2:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 2:43 PM

See this article for further suggestions (though you've done the important ones):

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

7 replies

Aug 1, 2019 3:47 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

It came up with another recent post by someone with a similar situation. When I went to check my email trash for my iPhone XS activation email (to check the message format for the poster to see if it was legit), I noticed it and checked some other emails of mine to see if it was consistent and it was.

In hindsight it makes sense to me to use one common time zone in those reports since a hack login could be from anywhere and the device location may only be approximate or outright incorrect. But the real owner would know where they where so could quickly figure out where they were when the alert system got pinged.

The nerd in me says they should be using UTC, but hey, when you’re a CA based company, PDT works too.

Aug 2, 2019 6:39 AM in response to s-----w-------t

If you've added 2 factor authentication your next step, if you haven't done it already, is to register alternate ways of receiving authentication codes. You don't want to be dependent on always having your primary device with you, or stuck if it is lost or stolen. Other devices can be any Apple product with an Internet connection, or any telephone number, including landlines.

I've received a message saying that my Apple ID was used on a device that is not mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.