You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

share wifi password to apple tv from iphone

I’m buying an Apple TV soon....I don’t own the WiFi....but my iPhone and other Apple product is connected to the WiFi... if I set it up, will it automatically connect to the WiFi my iPhone is connected to at home? Or if I set it up some where like my friends house where I can manually connect it to their WiFi, will it connect to my other WiFi network that my phone can connect to?

there is a feature where iPhone iPad and iPod can share password.... can I share it to an Apple TV?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 4:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 6:23 AM

Hello,

When setting up Apple TV there is the option to hold an iPhone close to it in order to set the Apple TV up. That being said it is absolutely not a good idea to use someone else’s WiFi without their permission. It’s often illegal and a huge security risk.

5 replies

share wifi password to apple tv from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.