You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text in Headers in Apple Pages

I have defined different sections. I want to have each section show a different header. The pagination in the footer works correctly. But not text in the header. Can anyone tell me what I might have done incorrectly in the header? I am using Pages 8.1

Thanks,

Diane

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 8:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 9:24 AM

First section enter header and page number. Click in the second section, select Document panel : Section : uncheck Match previous section. Click in the second section header and enter your text. Click where you would want the Page number and the pop-up will show the next sequential page number for insertion. Repeat for the nth section that you want different.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2019 9:24 AM in response to Diane T

First section enter header and page number. Click in the second section, select Document panel : Section : uncheck Match previous section. Click in the second section header and enter your text. Click where you would want the Page number and the pop-up will show the next sequential page number for insertion. Repeat for the nth section that you want different.

Text in Headers in Apple Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.