You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos wont export and gives no error message.

Photos wont export and gives no error message. When I try and export the CPU gets busy for a few minutes but no photos are exported. I am exporting to a folder on the desktop and have plenty of free disk space. I asked for an originals export. I successfully imported photos on the same machine into the same library.

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 1:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 3:11 PM

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread)

Next, log into another user account on your Mac and repeat the test above.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2019 3:11 PM in response to Paul6666

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread)

Next, log into another user account on your Mac and repeat the test above.

Aug 4, 2019 10:16 AM in response to Paul6666

Which export presets are you using, when you are exporting the originals?

Are you perhaps using the preset "Filename: Use Title"?

Photos has a strange bug. If you are exporting with "Filename: Use Title" and the title has been erased, Photos will export invisible files. When exporting with "Filename: Use Title" ensure, that the title is not empty.

Aug 5, 2019 11:59 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks. I'd done the new library test, with the same account, and import and export worked for small numbers of files. Currently I've discovered that I can export small numbers of files from the main library but not large numbers. I'm trying to quantify the maximum number I can export at once. I was doing 1000s when I got the error. It also seem that once exporting stops working I have to restart the machine to make even small exports work. So the process is a bit tedious.

Photos wont export and gives no error message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.