You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

If I change my apple ID will I lose all purchases made under the old ID or will it simply merge as long as the password remains the same

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 6:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 6:49 PM

If you change the email that you use as your Apple ID by using the following procedure, you will not lose anything: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Be sure to note the following instructions in that link:

Before you change your Apple ID

Sign out of all Apple services and devices that use your Apple ID. If you want to use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to change your Apple ID, stay signed in with your Apple ID on only that device.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 3, 2019 6:49 PM in response to lenwood68

If you change the email that you use as your Apple ID by using the following procedure, you will not lose anything: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Be sure to note the following instructions in that link:

Before you change your Apple ID

Sign out of all Apple services and devices that use your Apple ID. If you want to use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to change your Apple ID, stay signed in with your Apple ID on only that device.

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.