You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail issues since 10.14.6 Update

I keep getting this error message for my iCloud and Gmail accounts. Any thoughts?

'Connections to the server “p59-imap.mail.me.com” on the default ports timed out."

Obviously the gmail version has a different mail address. I also have an Exchange account, but that seems to be working fine.

iMac Pro

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 7:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 2:00 PM

They were not, I said that in the text of my inquiry (Obviously the gmail version has a different mail address.). Not a big deal, you may have missed it.

Being still under AppleCare, I called Apple Support and after about an hour the problem was cleared up. Not exactly sure how it was fixed to be honest. Seemed like they had me all over the place. Creating new Network Locations and deleting some .plist files.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2019 2:00 PM in response to Tesserax

They were not, I said that in the text of my inquiry (Obviously the gmail version has a different mail address.). Not a big deal, you may have missed it.

Being still under AppleCare, I called Apple Support and after about an hour the problem was cleared up. Not exactly sure how it was fixed to be honest. Seemed like they had me all over the place. Creating new Network Locations and deleting some .plist files.

Aug 5, 2019 1:56 PM in response to StevenReines

It appears that the same (incoming) IMAP server is being used by both your iCloud & Gmail accounts, which would be incorrect. Whether or not, the upgrade caused this ... well, anything is possible.

What I suggest that you try is to first delete both your iCloud & Gmail accounts from the Mail app, and then, add them back, one-at-a-time. However, this time instead of choosing one of the "automatic" pre-configured options (iCloud or Google), try using the "Other Mail Account..." option instead. Then enter the appropriate IMAP & SMTP server addresses manually.

Aug 5, 2019 2:20 PM in response to StevenReines

"I keep getting this error message for my iCloud and Gmail accounts. Any thoughts?

'Connections to the server “p59-imap.mail.me.com” on the default ports timed out.""

From what you posted, I was led to believe you are saying that for both your iCloud or Gmail accounts you were still getting the same IMAP error message. Regardless, I'm glad you got it worked out with Apple Support.

Mail issues since 10.14.6 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.