You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking spam emails

How can I block all spam / junk emails on my iPad, iPhone, I Watch?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 7:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 8:16 AM

Whether you like the answer or not, there is no junk filtering options in the iOS Mail app. For iCloud you can login to the desktop version of iCloud mail at https://www.icloud.com and create rules to filter messages to trash.

You can similarly go to the web version of other mail service providers and see if their are settings there you can edit for junk/spam filtering (message rules, blacklists, white lists, etc).

If you have a Mac that you leave on all the time and which accesses the same email services as your iOS device uses, you can leave mail open on the Mac, and create rules there’s so it receives and filters the same emails as your iOS device is receiving.

But you cannot do any of those things directly from the iOS mail app itself.

To submit feedback to Apple Inc. directly, use the feedback portal (Product Feedback - Apple) instead of asking a question here in the user community forums (where Apple’s presence is very minimal).

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2019 8:16 AM in response to STERLINGJS

Whether you like the answer or not, there is no junk filtering options in the iOS Mail app. For iCloud you can login to the desktop version of iCloud mail at https://www.icloud.com and create rules to filter messages to trash.

You can similarly go to the web version of other mail service providers and see if their are settings there you can edit for junk/spam filtering (message rules, blacklists, white lists, etc).

If you have a Mac that you leave on all the time and which accesses the same email services as your iOS device uses, you can leave mail open on the Mac, and create rules there’s so it receives and filters the same emails as your iOS device is receiving.

But you cannot do any of those things directly from the iOS mail app itself.

To submit feedback to Apple Inc. directly, use the feedback portal (Product Feedback - Apple) instead of asking a question here in the user community forums (where Apple’s presence is very minimal).

Aug 6, 2019 8:26 AM in response to STERLINGJS

STERLINGS Said:

How can I block all spam / junk emails on my iPad, iPhone, I Watch?

———-

Use Filters to Automatically Rid of Spam:

Rather than blocking it, you can have the option of just emptying the spam whenever it is received. This is available through a Mail-type app created directly from your eMail Provider.

Just know that some eMails are important for an eMail provider’s items like Two Factor Authentication (bit not Apple). So, add those domains to your safe list avoid missing these eMails.

Contact the eMail Provider for Assistance:

In all, contact your eMail provider directly, for assistance with Automatic deletion of Spam and Junk emptying, particularly for their apps designed for iOS device usage.

Blocking spam emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.