You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VOLUME lock on iPad Air 3? Help it’s too loud!!!

Trying to figure out how to lock the volume on an iPad 3 air! I’ve gone to screen time, content and privacy restrictions, toggled that on. Gone down to volume limit, toggled to don’t allow. I’ve also gone to sounds, and toggled off change with buttons. And nothing? My kids are listening on full volume and I’m worried about their ears and my sanity. The volume on the iPad Air 3 is loader than any apple device I have ever had.

What am I doing wrong???

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 6:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 6:41 PM

Hello,

At this time volume cannot be restricted. That being said if you use Guided Access mode for your kids then this will allow you to disable the volume buttons. This would allow you to set a volume then lock down the volume buttons from being changed. Guided Access can be set up in Settings -> Accessibility.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2019 6:41 PM in response to HarryMP

Hello,

At this time volume cannot be restricted. That being said if you use Guided Access mode for your kids then this will allow you to disable the volume buttons. This would allow you to set a volume then lock down the volume buttons from being changed. Guided Access can be set up in Settings -> Accessibility.

VOLUME lock on iPad Air 3? Help it’s too loud!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.