You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update not available

One of my banking apps says I need to update my IOS but my iPad does not show an available update...what can I do

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 7:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 7:51 PM

If you have iPad 4, you are forever locked to iOS 10.3.3 (10.3.4 if you have a cellular iPad) and there's a good chance this app now requires iOS 11 or higher.

What is the app you are being told to update?

3 replies

Aug 6, 2019 7:59 PM in response to kazzimbowl

Capital One now requires iOS 11, per a search in the App Store. You won't be able to update it on your iPad as your iPad is now too old and out of date to update to the 64 bit architecture required for the newer iOS levels.

Just an FYI, but this is going to happen with more and more apps. iPad 4 was released in 2012, 7 years ago. It was a terrific device in its day, but technology continues to move forward and your iPad can't be updated.

Update not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.