You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t redeem gift card

I live in Australia but I’m on holiday in the USA and I bought a new iPad in the US, when I stated to set it up I selected United States region, but then a message came up saying I could set my new iPad up with my iPhone (that I bought in Australia) so when I did that it changed my country region to Australia on my new iPad so now I can’t redeem my iTunes gift card I just bought. Can anyone help me sort this out.

thank you.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 11:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 12:10 PM

The region in the iPad's Settings has nothing to do with (not) being able to redeem a gift card, what is important is the country on the iTunes account that is being used. If you've bought a US gift card it can only be redeemed and used in the US, and can only be redeemed onto a US account (for which you will need a US billing address).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 7, 2019 12:10 PM in response to Redmenace007

The region in the iPad's Settings has nothing to do with (not) being able to redeem a gift card, what is important is the country on the iTunes account that is being used. If you've bought a US gift card it can only be redeemed and used in the US, and can only be redeemed onto a US account (for which you will need a US billing address).

Can’t redeem gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.