You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos from iCloud & all devices

I am trying to reduce my storage on iCloud by removing photos. I select the photos I do not want, delete them, then delete all. The problem is that my iCloud storage is still too high to do any backups, yet I've deleted 1500 photos! It seems that they return again when I go & check. This is so annoying not to mention time consuming. Can someone tell me please what I am doing wrong? I DO NOT want to pay $4.99 per month for iCloud as I am already paying $1.99 per month which is about all I want to pay. There are many photos I simply to not want, but I do not want to spend more hours deleting photos if they are going to return soon after.....TIA

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 9:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 2:39 AM

If iPhone and Mac are signed in with same Apple ID and password and are synced all of the photos might not have completely synced .

You can sign out the Apple ID from any desired device iPhone / Mac and then delete the photos https://help.apple.com/icloud/#/mm08b49040b5

3 replies

Deleting photos from iCloud & all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.