You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes & Windows 10

Hello,

Having an issue with iTunes on Windows 10, my music library will not update or work correctly. I can play some songs without issue, others tell me to log into my account to authorize this pc, which I do, but still can't play certain songs.

I've signed out of my account, logged back check, de-authorized my laptop, re-authorized my laptop, etc... But still don't have full access to media on my PC - I'm having no issues on my iPhone or iPad.

I seem to have no issues with my Apple Music on the laptop or it syncing playlists but most of the media doesn't show.

Help?

OS X Server (Mavericks)

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 11:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 11:46 AM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 12, 2019 11:46 AM in response to xfiles67

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Aug 12, 2019 12:14 PM in response to turingtest2

I ended up doing 2 of suggestions on the Authorize Computer link and deleted everything in the library and signed out, back in and so far so good, it's synced everything I've recently added and so far everything plays, still downloading songs so I'll let that work.

I did the Authorize PC items before but no luck, think maybe it was deleting the library.

iTunes & Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.