You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My iPhone/Friends for MacBook

What is the equivalent Find My iPhone/Friends app or settings for a MacBook Pro?

I would prefer not using any third party apps/software, unless officially endorsed by Apple.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) running 10.14.4

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 8:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 10:03 AM

How to enable Find My Mac

You have to set up Find My Mac before your Mac goes missing; otherwise, it's useless. You'll first need to make sure you Location Services are enabled:

1. Click the Apple menu button () on the top left of your screen.
  2. Click System Preferences.
  3. Click Security & Privacy.
  4. lick the lock in the bottom left corner and type in the administrator's password to make changes.
  5. Make sure the checkbox next to Enable Location Services is checked.

Now enable Find My Mac:

3. Click iCloud.
  4. Click the checkbox next to Find My Mac to enable it.
  5. Click Allow.

Now when you sign into iCloud.com on another computer or us the Find iPhone app on your iPhone, you'll be able to find and erase your lost or stolen Mac. Just make sure you sign in with the Apple ID that's in use on your missing Mac.

How to locate your Mac using Find My Mac on the web

If you don't have an iPhone, you can use another computer to track your lost or stolen Mac by signing into iCloud on the web.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2019 10:03 AM in response to Guest_9

How to enable Find My Mac

You have to set up Find My Mac before your Mac goes missing; otherwise, it's useless. You'll first need to make sure you Location Services are enabled:

3. Click Security & Privacy.
  4. lick the lock in the bottom left corner and type in the administrator's password to make changes.
  5. Make sure the checkbox next to Enable Location Services is checked.

Now enable Find My Mac:

3. Click iCloud.
  4. Click the checkbox next to Find My Mac to enable it.
  5. Click Allow.

Now when you sign into iCloud.com on another computer or us the Find iPhone app on your iPhone, you'll be able to find and erase your lost or stolen Mac. Just make sure you sign in with the Apple ID that's in use on your missing Mac.

How to locate your Mac using Find My Mac on the web

If you don't have an iPhone, you can use another computer to track your lost or stolen Mac by signing into iCloud on the web.

Find My iPhone/Friends for MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.