You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari: lock 'Hide Reader'?

On my Mac (Mojave), if I go to BT.com and then sign in to my emails, 'Show Reader' is on by default, which is infuriating, because when I click on an email, it opens but almost instantaneously is overlaid by its text in a large font and any attachments are hidden. I then have to go to the View menu and select 'Hide Reader'. Is there any way that I can set 'Hide Reader' as the default setting? Any help much appreciated.

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 4:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 4:48 AM

I have the answer! Maybe it will help others, too. When you have your inbox open, go to Safari/Preferences/Websites tab/Websites/Reader/mail.yahoo.com [or bt mail]/Off.

This will make the normal view the default. If Reader View is desired for particular emails, it can still be turned on in the View menu.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2019 4:48 AM in response to Michael Graubart

I have the answer! Maybe it will help others, too. When you have your inbox open, go to Safari/Preferences/Websites tab/Websites/Reader/mail.yahoo.com [or bt mail]/Off.

This will make the normal view the default. If Reader View is desired for particular emails, it can still be turned on in the View menu.

Safari: lock 'Hide Reader'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.