You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Approve this iPhone - 2FA issue

I recently got a new iPhone 6S and it had already been updated to the latest version of iOS.

I am being prompted to finish updating my Apple ID Settings. When I go to Settings and click on "Update Apple ID Settings," it says "Some account services will not be available until you sign in again." So I click Continue, and am prompted for my Apple ID password, which I successfully provide. Then I'm stuck on "Waiting for Approval" and am asked to go to another one of my devices to approve this iPhone. I don't have another Apple device, just a PC.

I've found a lot of information about a fix that involves going to appleid.apple.com and turning off 2 Factor Authentication. I understand Apple recently removed that option and I can't find a fix now that I'm unable to turn off 2FA from the site.

Help please!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 10:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
1 reply

Approve this iPhone - 2FA issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.