You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos no longer has delete option after copying pics to the Mac?

I noticed yesterday that there’s no longer a tick box that says ‘delete after import’ in Photos. So what are you supposed to do to get photos off your device after you’ve copied them over? Delete them manually?

I use iCloud and copied all my pics over to the Mac yesterday (using Yosemite) but I assumed it would remove them automatically as it does if you delete one from the device itself. Is that no longer the case?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 2:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 6:58 AM

I think it depends on the device, but in any case, yes, delete them manually. You should always make sure the import works OK before you delete the images. Even just double click to expand to full screen.

4 replies

Aug 17, 2019 11:43 AM in response to Julian Roche1

If you are using iCloud on your iPhone you should import the photos using iCloud Photos Library and not using a USB connection. If your iPhone is set to use iCloud with "Optimize Storage" , you cannot beside, which photos have been downloaded from the iPhone and which photos have not been downloaded. You will have missed all photos that have been optimized and are not stored locally on the iPhone and only in iCloud.

Photos no longer has delete option after copying pics to the Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.