You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot setup screen time in my Family Sharing

Hi.

I managed to create a Family Sharing for me, my wife and my 2 kids. I was also able to setup, in the Shared Functionality iCloud storage and Location Sharing. The problem is that I'm unable to setup Screen Time as a Shared Functionality. Every time I try to enable it I'm taken to a wizard where I need to input my kids apple ID and password. After doing it I get a message saying that my kid is already added to the family and that's it, I cannot enable this functionality.

Can anyone help me? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Pedro

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 4:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 7:07 AM

I finally managed to figure it out. The initial setup I had was myself (organizer) and my 2 kids (as child accounts).

I could enter the screen time wizard but no kid would show up there.

What I did (and worked) was add my wife and enabled her as responsible. Immediately after that I was able to see both my kids in the screen time wizard.

Thanks a lot for the help.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2019 7:07 AM in response to Eric Root

I finally managed to figure it out. The initial setup I had was myself (organizer) and my 2 kids (as child accounts).

I could enter the screen time wizard but no kid would show up there.

What I did (and worked) was add my wife and enabled her as responsible. Immediately after that I was able to see both my kids in the screen time wizard.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Aug 19, 2019 1:44 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi. Thank you very much. The 2nd link was really helpful. I just had to start reading it to realize that my kid's accounts had an incorrect DOB. :-) But sadly it's still not working. I managed to change their DOB and so automatically change their accounts into Child accounts, but when I enter the Screen Time screen, instead of having my kid's accounts to choose and setup, I get a blank screen. I know that at least my daughter is running iOS 12 (not sure about my son, maybe not). Is this a bug or am I missing something? I read the link and in the comments below it does mention a potential bug. Anyone knows if there's a way around it?

Thanks in advance.

Pedro

I cannot setup screen time in my Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.