You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Crashes Partway through Back-up

Hi. I am running Mojave on a Mid 2013 Macbook Pro and am having issues with Time Machine crashing when it gets around the 1 TB point on a 1.3 TB back up (I am running a 480 GB SSD in the optic bay + the original 1 TB HDD in the SATA drive). My external drive (WD Elements 2 TB) is journaled, case-sensitive and I do not have App Cleaner & whatever installed. Does anyone have suggestions about what I can do? Really appreciate your help!

MacBook

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 6:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 6:54 AM

Your WD Elements 2TB should be HFS+ journaled, case-insensitive, GUID which is the default format for a Time Machine drive. Additionally, that WD drive may be in early stages of failure, and could benefit from Disk Utility First Aid to determine its health.

2 replies

Time Machine Crashes Partway through Back-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.