You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 6 shuts off everytime i put my passcode in

My Iphone 6 just keeps shutting off randomly, and then when I try to put the passcode in, it shuts off again. I also tried to update it, but it shut off after i entered in the passcode in order to update. How do I fix this?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 6:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 11:25 AM

While you could try restoring the phone to factory and setting up as new and testing, I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store to have the device checked. The iPhone 6 is an older device, will not support the new iOS this fall, and is probably in line for a replacement.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2019 11:25 AM in response to rdunn02

While you could try restoring the phone to factory and setting up as new and testing, I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store to have the device checked. The iPhone 6 is an older device, will not support the new iOS this fall, and is probably in line for a replacement.

My Iphone 6 shuts off everytime i put my passcode in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.