You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My WiFi connection doesn't recognize my router password

My Imac doesn't seem to recognize my wifi password

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 11:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 2:23 PM

If you are able to log in with the same password using other devices then try restarting your iMac and then try again. On rare occasions when I have had a similar issue that has worked for me.

If restarting doesn't work then try creating a new user to see if the issue is tied to a specific user.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are eventually able to connect to WiFi but continue having issues then this article may help:

If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2019 2:23 PM in response to AnnalizeI

If you are able to log in with the same password using other devices then try restarting your iMac and then try again. On rare occasions when I have had a similar issue that has worked for me.

If restarting doesn't work then try creating a new user to see if the issue is tied to a specific user.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are eventually able to connect to WiFi but continue having issues then this article may help:

If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

My WiFi connection doesn't recognize my router password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.