You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer selected pics to another family member

Is there a way to transfers specific photos from one family member to the other?

Our child's photo is all over the place and would like to put it in his own iCloud account.

All of us are using iCloud family sharing and we all have our own individual account.

I know I about sharing albums, but what I want is to transfer the photo not share it.

Logging out and using our Childs Apple ID will not work as we are still taking pictures of his events at school and other activities. Doing it that way will create duplicates and we will have to keep on removing photos that were already removed before.

Any help appreciated.

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 8:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 6:50 AM

The child has to leave family sharing https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201081

And then see the steps in the article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201302

3 replies

Aug 26, 2019 10:33 PM in response to tygb

@LACAllen, I thought as much but was hoping there is some trick I could use.

@tygp can't remove my chil,d he's below 13 years of age, also we will have to do additional transfers as we accumulate more photos.

I've tried third party apps like AnyTrans For Cloud but having trouble setting it up, photos won't appear. Thank you trial periods, otherwise I would have paid for something I could not use.

Currently I'm doing it the hard way, exporting photos then importing it to my sons photo account. I can't do it in one go though cause I have to choose which photo to export and sometimes loose GPS or date data, even if I'm using XMP files. So I have to do it in batches and check if some photos have the the wrong meta data.

Thanks. Any other suggestion is welcomed. It will probably take my quite a while to transfer the photos. (my wife likes to take a lot of pictures).

Transfer selected pics to another family member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.