You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 was stolen

I used Find My iPhone to erase the device (which is offline) but then I removed it from our iCloud account before seeing that the erase command would not work if the device wasn't on our account. Will that prevent the device being erased? If so, can I restore the phone to our iCloud account so I can erase it?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 7:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 7:31 PM

Sorry, it’s gone to you now. The only way to add it back would be to have it in your hands to sign it back into your iCloud account. By removing it you’ve severed all functions of find my iPhone, including activation lock. Report it to the police and your carrier.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2019 7:31 PM in response to CarlosB2

Sorry, it’s gone to you now. The only way to add it back would be to have it in your hands to sign it back into your iCloud account. By removing it you’ve severed all functions of find my iPhone, including activation lock. Report it to the police and your carrier.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

iphone 6 was stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.