You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The folder “Desktop” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents."

How can I fix this?: When i try to see my files in Finder it says "The folder “Desktop” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents."

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 8:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 8:34 PM

Choose Home from the Finder's Go menu, control-click the Desktop item, choose Get Info, and give yourself access.

(173879)

Similar questions

8 replies

Nov 8, 2019 5:29 AM in response to Niel

I have this problem saving files from Mail to my desktop, The file “Desktop” couldn’t be opened., EVERY DAY. I reinstalled Catalina, I've run disk /utility repair. I can't spend an hour every day repairing permissions. It fixes it for the day and the next day it's back. Catalina is a disaster. So many things were broken. Apple should have made a major warning to upgraders. I can't work like this. Will have to use my Windows machine.

"The folder “Desktop” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.