You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation app not from AppStore

Hello,

I'd like to install one app into my iPad (mini 4, wifi, cellular) and into my iPhone 8. I have the latest software in both devices. This app is not in AppStore, it is from my school (I trust this app). I can download it on my iPad but after intallation it is grey and I cannot open it. And when I download it on my iPhone - it is downloading, installing and then it disappear.

Any ideas? Thank you all very much, Vladislav

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 12:21 AM

2 replies

Aug 26, 2019 1:02 AM in response to vladislav211

Hi vladislav211,

It’s not recommended to install any third party app on Apple devices as they may carry malicious viruses or cause issues on your devices. I heard that Apple filters all the apps in App Store to make sure they are safe for downloads so pls refrain from downloading unknown or third party apps except apps from App Store.

Hope this answers your question :)

Installation app not from AppStore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.