You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad´s software update

Hi,

I want to update my Ipad´s IOS software, and I am not able to do so. When I enter the software update link in general, the Ipad says that is is already updated, but the version is 9.3.5. Because of this, I cannot download other apps, as the software version is "old". What can I do to fix this problem?

Thank you

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 2:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 3:31 PM

If Software update says 9.3.5 is up to date, you likely have an iPad 2 or 3, or iPad Mini 1, and those cannot be updated beyond iOS 9.3.5.

See here to identify it: Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

The only solution is to buy a newer iPad.

An iPad running iOS 9.3.5 would be at least 7 years old at this point.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2019 3:31 PM in response to Victoriaoviedo1

If Software update says 9.3.5 is up to date, you likely have an iPad 2 or 3, or iPad Mini 1, and those cannot be updated beyond iOS 9.3.5.

See here to identify it: Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

The only solution is to buy a newer iPad.

An iPad running iOS 9.3.5 would be at least 7 years old at this point.

Aug 28, 2019 4:43 PM in response to Victoriaoviedo1

If you recently purchased or acquired this older iPad, there maybe a couple of ways to get older, compatible versions of apps.

Older versions of apps may still exist in the iOS App Store, despite the fact the apps may have moved on to an higher minimum iOS version, now.

If you need older versions of apps that have moved on toiOS 10 and later, tap on my link below and choose the method that best works with your current situation.

CAREFULLY read and follow ALL directions. Especially so for my computer/older iTunes procedures.

Any of my procedures/solutions work!

Downloading Older iOS 9.3.5 Versions of A… - Apple Community

A Disclaimer.

Apps may or may not have older iOS 9.3.5 versions still available from within the iOS App Store.

There are a couple of ways to try/attempt to get an older version of an app. Pick the method that works best for your situation/circumstances.

In addition, I would STOP using that nearly 3-year old Safari Web browser, as it is, probably, not safe and secure to use any

longer, and seek out a third party web browser that is STILL currently being updated and STILL being supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Heed my advice on this issue in my above link.

Good Luck to You!

Ipad´s software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.