You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop safari from opening all links in new tabs

All of a sudden, without making any changes to my safari settings, all links I press in safari opens the website in a new tab... This has been the case for a while, and started appearing after upgrading to OS X Mojave.

To further explain - if I search for "Apple" in the search bar in safari, it lists the results in Google as normally. Though when I click on one of the listed search results, the website opens in a new tab instead of simply showing the website in my current tab (which is what usually only happens if you "command+click" the website.

The same happens if I find myself in one of the opened websites and press a link within that website - and safari opens yet another tab

This means that I can sometimes end up having many tabs open from the same Google search as opposed to only have one tab open through which I can move back and forth from the different pages.

How do I turn this off and have it reversed back to normal?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 8:24 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Stop safari from opening all links in new tabs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.