You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help unlocking my iPod touch

My iPod touch has an activation lock on it and my id and password aren't unlocking it. I don't see the device under my account devices. I originally purchased the device in 2016 for my son. It's linked to his account and I only know this because I looked back at his emails and saw that. He misplaced the thing two weeks after Christmas and two years later we found it in a winter jacket. He didn't need it anymore so I thought I'd sell it. I erased and reset the thing to factory settings and left it alone for a while. The other day I was ready to sell it and tried getting into it and that is when I discovered the lock.

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 6:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 8:22 PM

See this link for instructions on finding your ID and password and what to do before selling the iPod.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365

1 reply

I need help unlocking my iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.