You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos, preferences will not let me designate the photos library that is open, it is dim in the preferences

1. I want to designate a photos library as the system photo library, but when I choose this library I cannot get the preferences to highlight the choice of using this library as the system library.
  2. I have a few photos libraries that were created by accident that I want to remove but cannot find them anywhere unless I choose the options when opening photos.

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 5:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 9:43 PM

1. The highlighting convention on the "Use as System Photo Library" is unusual. When the button is greyed out, that means the current library IS ALREADY the System Photo Library; the button is only available to be clicked when the current library IS NOT the System Photo Library.
  2. When you choose the option when opening photos, highlight the libraries one at a time; the full file path if the selected library should be displayed below the list of libraries.
4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 1, 2019 9:43 PM in response to smuslin

1. The highlighting convention on the "Use as System Photo Library" is unusual. When the button is greyed out, that means the current library IS ALREADY the System Photo Library; the button is only available to be clicked when the current library IS NOT the System Photo Library.
  2. When you choose the option when opening photos, highlight the libraries one at a time; the full file path if the selected library should be displayed below the list of libraries.

photos, preferences will not let me designate the photos library that is open, it is dim in the preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.