You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how does my child sign in

How does my child sign in to my iPad on her own account already set up

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 10:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 10:22 AM

Good. I had no clue you were asking about your childs device. I'm glad it's working now.

Now do yourself a major favor. Write down her Apple ID, Password and Passcode somewhere safe for quick reference. In Screen Time, make it impossible for her to make account changes.

5 replies

Sep 2, 2019 10:09 AM in response to Sydsof

iPad is not a multi-user device. If you want to sign in and out of accounts, you will create a massive nightmare for yourself.

Perhaps look at a discounted, refurbished iPad from the Apple Refurbished store and give your child their own iPad, which you can use Family Sharing on and Parental Controls to managed content and usage.

https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished?afid=p238%7CN6VpWOYK-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_78065330702666_pgrid_2053191222_&cid=aos-us-kwbi-brand--slid---apple+refurbished+store-be-product-

Sep 2, 2019 10:19 AM in response to Sydsof

Hey, thanks for taking time to help me out! It is actually her iPad, I’m just trying to set up screen time and parental controls. Directions say to create an Apple ID for the child, which I did, and then the child signs in to their Apple ID, which should presumably Initiate the child controls already set up on the iPad. Oh! It’s working....lol. Never mind...lol

how does my child sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.