You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2 Can't Sign in to iCloud??

Hi

I'd been having a few issues with my Apple TV 2 so I reset it, I'm now having issues signing into iCloud.

I can sign into the iTunes Store no problem with my Apple ID on the Apple TV 2, when I try to sign in with the same details to iCloud I get a message saying:

The account name or password are incorrect. Please try again.

My details are correct, also when trying to sign in I get a six digit code as part of Two factor Authentication on my iPhone. Nowhere pops up on the Apple TV 2 to enter the six digit code.

I've been to the Apple Support Pages and it seems that I can't turn off Two factor Authentication.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

Kind Regards

Barry McKelvey

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 2:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 11:36 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Barry!

I understand you're unable to sign in with your Apple ID to your Apple TV, I'd be happy to provide information to help you out.

Use these steps to sign in: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

"What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field."

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Enjoy your day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2019 11:36 AM in response to BarryMcKelvey

I understand you're unable to sign in with your Apple ID to your Apple TV, I'd be happy to provide information to help you out.

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field."

Enjoy your day!

Sep 3, 2019 12:02 PM in response to CarlAVII

Allen A wrote:

Enjoy your day!

Hi

Thanks

Barry :-)

Apple TV 2 Can't Sign in to iCloud??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.