You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

edit picture on apple id

I’m trying to add a picture to my Apple ID on my iPhone. I hit edit and add the picture, but it never shows up. Please help. It’s an Apple ID that I’ve been using for years without trouble all across my many devices. I use an aol.com email address for my Apple ID if that makes any difference. Thanks for your assistance.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 4:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 4:23 PM

Your AppleID itself doesn’t have a picture associated with it. Your contact in the contacts app can have a picture and that will show in your iOS account at the top of settings, etc.

Open contacts, tap on your own contact, tap the picture/icon and choose to take, edit, choose or delete photo.

7 replies

Sep 3, 2019 5:29 PM in response to Michael Black

You’re right about the same picture for my Apple ID being used for the picture on my contact. The picture I’d been trying to upload for my Apple ID is now on my personal contact in my Contacts, but it’s still not showing up for my Apple ID when I try to upload a picture in my settings under my Apple ID. Thanks for your help. I’ll remember your answer.

edit picture on apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.