You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ALL of my keyboard commands have stopped working in all applications. Help?

I'm working with a Mac Pro. All of my common commands for Select all, copy, paste, create new folder, etc have suddenly stopped functioning. I can work from the menu bar, but I need the keyboard commands. How can I fix this?

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 9:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 12:29 PM

Huh. That's a strange one. Press the caps lock key on your keyboard to see if it is functioning correctly. You may have turned on accessibility by mistake. Go to system preferences, then accessibility (looks like a man in a blue circle) and see if you can turn that off. Otherwise, You'd have to reset the smc/pmu first. Shut it down. Remove the power cord. Hold down the power button for a count of 45 seconds. take your finger off of the button. Plug the power cord back in, and press the power button to restart it.

that's all I have for now

john b

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2019 12:29 PM in response to Alice Wilcox

Huh. That's a strange one. Press the caps lock key on your keyboard to see if it is functioning correctly. You may have turned on accessibility by mistake. Go to system preferences, then accessibility (looks like a man in a blue circle) and see if you can turn that off. Otherwise, You'd have to reset the smc/pmu first. Shut it down. Remove the power cord. Hold down the power button for a count of 45 seconds. take your finger off of the button. Plug the power cord back in, and press the power button to restart it.

that's all I have for now

john b

ALL of my keyboard commands have stopped working in all applications. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.