You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

system storage overusing space!!!!

I have a 128gb MacBook Air, the system alone used up 52GB of my storage, and I only have 30gb (max) of documents and apps, which I need on a daily basis. This is after I have cleared my cache files. Could someone tell me what to do??????

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 12:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 2:00 PM

How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 5, 2019 12:34 AM in response to BarathPA5

You may have to investigate how to install and run applications from faster external storage.

Should that be among your options; I'd try to upgrade internal, that'd work out better.

Extra flash-based storage or an SSD as external, may be useful. ~ There would be rules and

a learning curve; for example you'd not be able to close the apps or disconnect external HD

without un-mounting first.

Depending on the build year model, and internal configuration, there may (likely) be upgrade

for the internal storage. An older unit may not have options via Apple service; could have one

through third party. Check with 'macsales' for internal options; they have also externals.

Look to their site and see if there's a hardware upgrade match for your MB/Air's internal storage.

Battery life may suffer, with external SSD or flash based drive. Study an 'internal upgrade' solution.

Good luck & happy trails!🌞

system storage overusing space!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.