You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to log into my Apple TV and the verification code continues to get sent to my cell phone but there is no place on the Apple TV to put the code in

I am trying to log into my Apple TV and the verification code continues to get sent to my cell phone but there is no place on the Apple TV to put the code in

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 12:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 1:01 PM

lauretta112 wrote:

yes, i tried that. I know my password is correct because i can log on my phone and laptop
but everytime I try to put my password with the code the reply is "incorrect password"
my AppleTV is up to date, but is also 8 years old. could that be an issue?

Unlikely.

Make sure there are no spaces between the password and the code, and make sure you aren't taking too long to enter the code as it does have a short life span. Best to have the password entered already before requesting the code.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2019 1:01 PM in response to lauretta112

lauretta112 wrote:

yes, i tried that. I know my password is correct because i can log on my phone and laptop
but everytime I try to put my password with the code the reply is "incorrect password"
my AppleTV is up to date, but is also 8 years old. could that be an issue?

Unlikely.

Make sure there are no spaces between the password and the code, and make sure you aren't taking too long to enter the code as it does have a short life span. Best to have the password entered already before requesting the code.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.