You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

32bit against 64bit technology on MacBookPro mid2012 with Mojave 10.14.6

I contacted the developers of an application I use for editing and playing music by remote control for live shows. They are telling me they will not be upgrading the app to 64bit technology...

Is there a way to still use apps with 32bit technology? If so how?

Please advise, thank you!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 2:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 2:22 PM

Apple announced that Mojave will be the last macOS version to support 32 bit apps: 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and ...

Excerpt:

Can I keep using my 32-bit apps?

Yes, you may continue to use 32-bit apps with your Mac today. Using 32-bit software has no adverse effects on your data or your computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2019 2:22 PM in response to Magicalissimo

Apple announced that Mojave will be the last macOS version to support 32 bit apps: 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and ...

Excerpt:

Can I keep using my 32-bit apps?

Yes, you may continue to use 32-bit apps with your Mac today. Using 32-bit software has no adverse effects on your data or your computer.

32bit against 64bit technology on MacBookPro mid2012 with Mojave 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.