You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete junk mail from new mini iPad 5

How do I delete junk mail from my brand new iPad mini 5

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 4:12 PM

13 replies

Nov 10, 2019 7:03 PM in response to Seaside3054

It doesn't work. I'm on a 6S and just upgraded to 13.2.2 and it still doesn't work. There's no delete if you select all only archive. It used to be there. And there's nothing in mail to change it unless I'm reading wrong. Delete only works if you select each item - boring, really boring. Please fix it. It's super annoying.

Oct 16, 2019 10:08 AM in response to davina192

All it does it move all the junk mail into the trash. So all the spam is now being mixed into regular ‘NON junk’ emails within the trash folder !!! Prior to iOS 13 the junk mail folder allowed a simple select all and delete permanently. Now the junk mail emails u select to delete just get moved to trash and you have to delete the spam from there.

Oct 16, 2019 10:12 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Before 13 the standard Apple mail app allowed you to simple select all junk mail directly in the junk folder and delete all of them. After 13 the junk emails now just get moved from the junk folder to trash. Where u have to delete again. But now you have all spam/junk emails mixed in with your trashed messages making it a disaster to sift through if you mistakenly trash a email that u needed. Terrible problem

Oct 16, 2019 11:26 AM in response to Tecal136

Exactly. That’s my problem and I don’t like having to go through the junk that I didn’t want to see in the first place. That’s why I pegged those to be delivered to junk. I did find on my Mac mini an option to erase all junk mail. So I can use that instead of my phone, but why change the phone option. That was not an upgrade for me. Hopefully Apple

Nov 1, 2019 7:26 PM in response to Seaside3054

I just upgraded to OSCatalina. I have tried to delete my junk folder and instead it wipes out my INBOX! It has happened twice in 2 days. From my iphone 11pro max

HELP! I had my laptop nearby and selected all in the inbox and moved them to another folder but this is terrifying PLEASE FIX THIS. I'M A REALTOR and I am legally REQUIRED to maintain communications.

Cannot delete junk mail from new mini iPad 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.