You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to get my photos from my old phone on my new phone.

im trying to get the photos from my old IPhone onto my new I phone. I noticed the cloud hadn’t been updated in 6 months and storage was full. I bought more storage and backed up old phone. Then looked on my new phone and the photos are not on there. Now I’m waiting for the back up on new phone it finish updating, but I’m at a loss how to I get my photos on my new phone?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 6:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 7:30 PM

If you go to iCloud.com/Photos using a computer browser, are the photos there? If so, have you signed into Settings/Your Name/iCloud using the same Apple ID and turned Photos syncing on? If your iCloud storage was full, neither the old backup or a photos sync to iCloud will contain all the photos because there wasn't enough room. Are the photos still on the old phone? If so, now that you have more storage, can you sync them to iCloud so you can sync them to the new phone?

Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2019 7:30 PM in response to Abwknox89

If you go to iCloud.com/Photos using a computer browser, are the photos there? If so, have you signed into Settings/Your Name/iCloud using the same Apple ID and turned Photos syncing on? If your iCloud storage was full, neither the old backup or a photos sync to iCloud will contain all the photos because there wasn't enough room. Are the photos still on the old phone? If so, now that you have more storage, can you sync them to iCloud so you can sync them to the new phone?

Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I am trying to get my photos from my old phone on my new phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.