You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iTunes media folder

I want to change the iTunes media folder, and I could change it successfully in iTunes setting preference.

But when I close the iTunes and reopen it, the iTunes media folder will change to the default place(C:\Users\%UserName%\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media)

How can I solve it...

Thanks

My System is Windows 10 (Version 1903)

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 9:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 12:07 PM

There is a bug in recent builds of iTunes. Revert to the previous 12.9.3.3 build (see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - Apple Community, links to recent builds at the bottom), wait for the next one in the hope that it is fixed there, or see Make a split library portable - Apple Community and put your library in a shape that isn't affected by the issue and is easier to backup and move around in future.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2019 12:07 PM in response to 之正

There is a bug in recent builds of iTunes. Revert to the previous 12.9.3.3 build (see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - Apple Community, links to recent builds at the bottom), wait for the next one in the hope that it is fixed there, or see Make a split library portable - Apple Community and put your library in a shape that isn't affected by the issue and is easier to backup and move around in future.

tt2

Change iTunes media folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.