You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari rendering a Black blank page for images

I have been having this for some time now.

Are you guys getting this for an older MacBook Pro (2011 and older) ?

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 9:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 9:51 AM

Are you using an external monitor, or simply the built in internal one?

The reason I ask is that in some cases, people have found that their display color profile is set to something different than they expected when checked inside Preferences, Displays, Color ... Profile. When this profile is changed, the images sometimes come back in Safari.

Other causes can include ad blockers or other Safari extensions. You could look at your extensions, perhaps disable them as a test. Perhaps a simpler approach is to see if this problem persists when you log in as another user (you can create a new user and try that, the new user will have "clean" preferences and configuration).

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2019 9:51 AM in response to ArtyYeo

Are you using an external monitor, or simply the built in internal one?

The reason I ask is that in some cases, people have found that their display color profile is set to something different than they expected when checked inside Preferences, Displays, Color ... Profile. When this profile is changed, the images sometimes come back in Safari.

Other causes can include ad blockers or other Safari extensions. You could look at your extensions, perhaps disable them as a test. Perhaps a simpler approach is to see if this problem persists when you log in as another user (you can create a new user and try that, the new user will have "clean" preferences and configuration).

Safari rendering a Black blank page for images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.